Restore the precision tool holding taper on your spindle without the need for a complete and costly spindle repair.
Gunnex provides an on-site service to restore the precision tool holding taper on your machine tool spindle. Utilizing our CNC Spindle Taper Grinding System, a Gunnex on-site technician can grind the taper to your required specification, without removing the spindle from the machine. Our on-site service is available on all horizontal and vertical machining centers, using the Cat, BT, and BIG Plus® tool holding systems. Our CNC Spindle Taper Grinding service provides a high quality repair to your bad spindle taper, while keeping the machine downtime to an absolute minimum.
On-site Taper Grinding Process
- Complete spindle inspection prior to taper grinding
- Vibration analysis
- Detailed taper inspection
- Visual inspection
- Taper contact – (Bluing)
- Runout taken in multiple locations
- Precision test bar measurements
- Tooling inspection
- Drawbar retention force measurements
- Taper grind system set up
- Grind spindle taper
- Constant monitoring and measurements taken through entire grind
- Complete quality control inspection after grind